THE HEATHER LYLE VOCAL YOGA METHOD® SINGING EXERCISES is now available for digital down load on CDBaby as well as itunes and Amazon. Also check out the new The Heather Lyle Vocal Yoga Method® Breathing Exercises CD available on the same sites. The Singing Exercises CD is a comprehensive vocal program consisting of 44 vocal exercises (66 minutes). Each exercise has been created to develop specific techniques for singing based on a holistic approach to the voice. There are a variety of exercises to keep you excited about your practice; you don’t need to do each exercise daily. For a daily practice, I recommend doing about 30 minutes of vocalises. The CD is designed so that you start with breathing exercises, relax important muscles, find core support, stretch the vocals cords, find resonance and gain flexibility in the voice. Have you heard the old but true musicians joke, “How do you get to Carnegie Hall?” “PRACTICE!”
I recommend the following daily program:
- One or two breathing exercises.
- Jaw, Tongue and Hyoid Exercises.
- Lip Buzzes and the Repetition series to wake up the abdominal support for the voice.
- The Vroom Vocal Cord Stretch exercise and the Air Moving on oo.
- Two more of the air flow or agility exercises for flexibility.
- Two of the resonance exercises (your choice) to make your vocal tone beautiful.
- The Vowel Tracking Exercise so that your vowels have the same timbre.
- Finish up by picking one or more of the exercises off of the CD in an area that you feel needs work.
Only go as high as is comfortable in all these exercises and have fun!